A couple of notables throughout the day:
- Continued practice sitting unsupported; he is quite capable of maintaining balance when not distracted. That said, as soon as he identifies a must-grab object off of his center line onto his head he goes.
- His "determination lunge", an effort where he throws himself at a desired object, is evolving more into a controlled crawl.
- He was indefatigable in his efforts to socialize with with anyone who looked his way.
- It turns out that he is a big fan of Monster in the Mirror performed by the lovable Grover. He becomes an even bigger fan when Mom and Dad decide to dance with him to the tune.
- He also threw his first temper tantrum; he was unsatisfied with not being able to get at the internals of his favorite noise making can. He knew the top was removable (had watched Mom do this several times) but lacked the coordination to pry it off.
- He finished the day by sleeping all the way through to 5:30 in the morning, giving his parents much needed rest.
In all, a wonderful close to the fist six month of life.