Ronan turns two today, and needless to say Mom and I have loved sharing the past year with him. Here's a few thing that he's gained along the way:
- Five inches in height (he is now 35.5" tall)
- Four pounds of weight (tipping the scales at 30 lbs)
- A 2" vertical jump
- Several hundred words to be used in up-to-four word phrases (each accompanied by his trademark lisp)
- Knowledge of colors
- The capacity, from time to time, to count to twenty
- Some trike riding proficiency
- A goofy wink
- A snarl-like smile when he says, "cheese'
- The capability to recite some of his favorite Dr. Suess books
- Ability to easily identify Minis, Porsches, Audis, BMWs, Golfs, and Priora (the only non-German car to make the list)
- A penchant for teasing; for example when Mom asks, "what do cows eat for breakfast?" he replies, "grass.... sometimes pizza pies"
- A love of hiking
- Speed. He can run quite well and sustain the pace for a fair stretch.
- The gumption to tell people to, "pipe down"
- An off-key but recognizable rendition of "Skye Boat Song"
- A refined (expensive) food palate, his favorite dish being fresh line-caught, perfectly grilled king salmon
- 15 additional teeth (for a total of 16)
- The ability (when he chooses) to use a potty
- Mad mambo moves
- 7 new friends & 3 great teachers at Google day care
Of course somethings have remained the same, such as his love for wheels, vehicles, and his family and friends. Happy Birthday Ronan, celebrate your day with style!
Enjoying singing 'Happy Birthday' to himself candles
The birthday dinner- roast chicken, mac & cheese, and broccoli