Goofing around with Nieve on vacation
What made a trip to Yosemite memorable for Ronan? Here is Ronan's list, in more-or-less chronological order:
1. Playing in the Merced River until he was almost suffering from hypothermia
2. Watching Ratatouille (at least a good 50 minutes of it). Ronan went straight from almost freezing from playing in the river to a fever of 102.5 F- we thought the Pixar film was just the thing to make him feel better.
3. Finding a scorpion in the sink
A not-so-friendly looking resident of our kitchen
4. Riding the shuttle buses at the valley floor
A happy boy on a bus ride
5. Getting a 'lucky bag' while visiting Lower Yosemite Falls as a gift from a Korean tourist
The "lucky bag" in front of Lower Yosemite Falls
6. Watching a bobcat with a squirrel in it's mouth leasierly cross in front of us on path from Lower Yosemite Falls
A bobcat with it's lunch
7. Checking out heavy machinery, from a snow-cat to a very large excavator, all found on the side of the road
Mimicking Einstein on a snow cat's track
Eagerly exploring an excavator
8. Sharing fun moments with friends, both old and new at the Tunnel View turn out
The crew, minus one Uncle S @ the Tunnel View, just after sunset
9. Looking up at El Capitan and telling us, "Stop the car. I want to climb it."
Climb it? I'd normally say sarcastically, "Good luck", but with Ronan he would probably give it a try
And many warm thanks to our kind friends for sharing their vacation with us, and being patient with the constraints that come with having young ones in tow!