Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nieve's First Photograph

Nieve has been watching me take photographs for the past year, watching how I hold the camera and press the shutter. The other evening on our post-dinner walk we ran into our good friend and neighbor, Marianne. Nieve was in my arms and kept grabbing at the camera, and eventually her little finger made it's way to the shutter release. I helped her point it at Marianne but Nieve snapped the photo - for her first photograph she did pretty well!


Her smile is sparkling... but her laugh is even better

Marianne is loved by Ronan - he gravitates to her and always is on his best behavior when she's around. Mom says Marianne's laugh is the most infectious laugh she's ever heard. I agree. If you are ever lucky enough to meet her, crack a corny joke and hope for the best. It also happens to be Marianne's birthday, so from all of us - Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Holly Teetzel said...

Not bad for a first shot - just an inch higher and it would be perfect. Most importantly N. captured Marianne's sparkling eyes & welcoming smile and you can't get any better than that. Wish Marianne a big Happy B'day from me :-)